Monday, November 30, 2009

Google Docs

Yahoo briefcase is an Online storage unit for word documents, it was created in 2001 allowing only up to 50mb worth of space. Breifcase was replaced by its successor, Google docs.

Google docs is similar to Yahoo briefcase, only more advanced, in ways of it can hold more and it wasn’t just for one person. A user may Put up a link to a certain document and it makes it viewable by other people, such as employees, clients, or just friends and family. In the business aspect, business’ love it because it adds more structure and organization to it. Before Google docs, document sharing was very simple, a user would put the document as an attachment. Attachments after a point become very messy because it creates multiple version of the same file, Google docs; no matter how many people one file is shared with, there is still only one version.

In the regular world, in let’s say, a high school students life. I have to type a book report for English, but I can’t print it for whatever reason. At this point I’m loosing my mind, and then the thought pops into my head “what if I just hand write it?” then, to my rescue, I find Google docs! I save the file onto Google docs and I print it from school the next day. “ahh, an A how nice”.

Google docs is Business oriented program on the internet that also caters to average people, and even high school students. This makes the world a lot easier, and also a lot easier without all those messy Email attachments.

No comments:

Post a Comment