Monday, November 30, 2009

linked in

It’s very safe to say that most of the world that doesn’t live under a rock is familiar with, Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter. For those of you who do not know about these websites; they are social networks. Connecting old friends, or just friends in general. These Websites are for just recreational purposes for the most part, just to see how friends are doing. But there are other social networks designed for business professionals, this site is called “linkedin”.

Linkedin brings the business world together in a sense of “where can I find the best advertising company to advertise my company?”. Linkedin has a way to answer those questions by having the networks symbol of what would be friends on myspace or facebook, being connections. Lets just say, im an average working man. I work for a company but I feel that im going nowhere in a field I’m not even interested in. I sign up to Linkedin and I use the connections I make to get out of the job I hate, into a job with better pay and its something I like to do. Also linkedin could be used for someone looking for something. Ok, so, I Run a Printing company. But, I feel that im paying too much for ink and paper. I Sign up and make connections with other people in the same field and get feedback on what they think, and boom! I get the same inventory I have, but at cheaper prices.

Now, Linkedin has its downfalls. Not that linkedin is necessarily bad, but for us as people it takes away that face to face business. It also makes things a little too easy, that takes away from good work ethic. Because, who wants to really search for something? No one, so they use a network that finds what they need within hours.

Linkedin, as a whole is a very productive website, as it does take away from the real face to face business, it still makes business easier and helps people succeed in their work field.

No comments:

Post a Comment